Friday, August 5, 2011

ONE TOO MANY ENGINES!!

Well...as I mentioned before, the engine I pulled out of the 66 was not the orginal 283 V8 but is the 267 V8.  I really didn't want to keep this engine for the following reasons.....#1 it is a much less common engine so harder to get parts for (not impossible though) #2 I really like the track record of the 283, 350, 327 etc but the 267 has a much shorter and less distinguished track record #3 I really wanted more of a performance engine.

The solution.....I need a new engine.

I had the 267 tore down to the block so I decided to finish the block out and sell it to someone not looking for a performance engine.

Note:  A good feature of the 267 is it is cast in the same block as the 350 so it's very easy to use in any GM vehicle and, overall, it is a reliable engine.

A little degreaser and paint and this block is looking halfway decent again.

No comments:

Post a Comment